Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Couple of Things


I've been thinking about a couple of things and lo and behold here are some posts about them.

First, I've been wondering about the Madoff thing and this post by Simple Justice is brilliant, because he says just what I've been thinking. I'd figured that the deal was probably to keep his sons out of jail, but I hadn't realized that it could extend to his wife and some other relatives. I am kind of concerned about the thought that they'll be allowed to keep some of the money, but we'll see. My bet is that at least the family won't go to jail and they will be left with smidgen maybe a mill. total,

Second, there is the question I've had all along as to what the hell Obama is thinking about with Social Security. I can understand why republicans would be attacking it, but I cannot really understand why a "moderate" democrat like Obama would keep looking at it for "reform." It doesn't need reform. The only reform that has been suggested is to invest it in the market. That that is still being suggested is, to put it mildly, amazing. I do mean WTF. No matter what you owe your money supporters, I would think that you would not even consider that. At least not at this point.

I mean lets face it for a guy who has been so brilliant politically up to now this does seem like a tin ear sort of thing. Unless, of course he is relying on the so called liberal media to eventually convince the rubes out there that Social Security is unsafe or a form of Ponzi. Then he will let his wealthy buddies swoop in and eat it up.

The other way to look at this is to look at the game he is playing with the banks. Is he just not creative enough? Cause he certainly not dealing with that issue with the kind of forcefulness one would like to see.

I'm thinking that both of these things involve the miss use of other people's money. Maybe I should have been a banker.

No comments: