Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Monday, January 5, 2009

Uh Oh


Reading Krugman today here and here. Also reading about how Republicans are salivating about holding up any stimulus package and forcing more tax cuts for the wealthy because they are the ones who deserve them. After all it wouldn't be fair to keep the poor and (soon to be) formerly middle class from going hungry or having to fore go medical treatment in a real depression.

Everything they have done for the past eight years (in extreme) and the sixteen (or more) years before that have worked out so well. We get to that place we were in the 20s with the distribution of wealth and are surprised that the result is essentially the same. Except we are now being told by the right (which includes most of the MSM) that FDR and the New Deal did nothing good.

So essentially what I'm feeling is this kind of feeling I get in the pit of my stomach when I lean out over the edge of a tall building or when I'm sitting in my car while I'm sliding out of control towards that really big truck. I'm watching these people who seem unable to learn from anything they've done. I wonder how we got rulers who are stupider than the bum on the street. Unless perhaps we are all the stupid.

No comments: