Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Thursday, January 29, 2009

They lie without consequence; they ruin people for sport.

OK, maybe debtors prison is a little over the top, still maybe not?

They lie without consequence; they ruin people for sport (sort of Vince Foster). You might add they ruin whole nations for sport. I suppose you might even add the entire world. I'm speaking about repubicans and conservatives.

I am thinking about the information that republicans are on TV 2 to 1 attacking the bail out and calling for lowering taxes again (still?). Fighting against those things that will really put people to work. Still people seem to be too stupid to figure out that these our rulers are not totally accurate (or even rational), after years of being lied to by right wing assholes on TV the general public still listens to them even though almost everything they have said has turned out wrong. How consistently wrong do you have to be for how long in this country to be kicked out of the public discourse? (I guess that is a rhetorical question.) I suspect always (wrong) and forever (wrong).

Liberals/progressives need to be able to get the information out there into almost every home to counter this stuff, but I am feel hopeless. We seem to be unable to do that.

Let me just add this for a WTF moment from someone who gets paid good money to be continuously wrong. No not just wrong, but pointless.

We are in the biggest hole we've been in in 75 years and we seem to be able to do nothing even remotely rational to get out. Those with the power seem to have a nearly infinite ability to ignore the past or distort it to make it fit into their little preconceived ideological pigeon holes.

Maybe I'm ranting a little since I've discovered that in the Courts I work the employees hours/wages are being cut this week. Believe me this isn't just a high minded empathy with those worse off. I also means that the appointments monies are being cut. That means yours truly is gonna get his cut too.


I also have been reading Eric Rauchway's The Great Depression & The New Deal, A Very Short Introduction. The first couple of chapters "The world in debt" and "The Hoover Years" sound a little too much like where we are right now. I really think I'm too old for this.

No comments: