Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Toy or What i'm Doing To Help the Economy



Because I'm a good patriotic American much like yourself, I have taken it on myself to help jump start the economy.

To that end I have purchased a new HD-LCD-TV. The old RCA passed away last weekend after giving one last gasp. It turned on by itself and went to a channel we never used and sputtered long and loud. Then all was peace. Well not really peace, it turned itself into a radio with a nice thin blue line running horizontally across the screen. As I turned the TV around I saw, on the back: October 1992.

R.I.P.
October 1992 to January 2009
You served me well

Well OK, back to watching the new TV in all its flat screen and high def. glory. I won't be available much for the foreseeable future.

1 comment:

Dr. Know said...

Not to rain on your Chinese HDTV parade, counseler, but your old set just needs the tuner grounds resoldered - a common malady in that era of Thompson manufactured TVs.

Before tossing it into the landfill with all that toxic stuff inside, consider donating to a charity that will fix it and put it back into service until the CRT dies - at which point it is truly junk. Then off to the recycler's...

Goodwill used to do this, not sure anymore...