Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Friday, January 9, 2009

I Really Don't Remember You No Matter How Unusual You Are


I saw a midget in the Law Director's office today. Or perhaps she was a little person, I'm not sure. I think I know her. I believe she was a client or the girl friend of a client. Yeah I think that's it. The client was full sized or a big person.

Perhaps I'm not remembering this quite right. I mean that she was in the Law Director's office and I do know her, I think. But there was a period in my life spanning several decades which for want of a better word could best be called hazy for chemical reasons. So that I often see people who I am pretty sure I know, but I can't be sure. I also can't be sure how I know them. So it's best not to be too friendly, since they could become hostile if I got too close, some of them. This is particularly true of people who were on the other side in divorces and custody cases. Those seem to bring out eternal enmity toward opposing counsel. She could have been on the other side in a divorce case. Or on the same side I can't really remember.

Of course I could also have known her from one of the foggier high times. Therefore, given all these posibilities I find it is just better to go on and not try to get too friendly in cases like this. I find it better for all concerned in the end.

No comments: