Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

We're Fucked

As best as I can figure from hearing the politicos talk this guy is our hero now

Rather than this one

I thought the other day that I could use the same tag for almost all of my posts recently (see below). Kind of almost Jazz improvisation like, you know.

Reading this by Krugman. How individual actions, each rational in itself, become destructive of our society when put together. The movie I posted about in the last post The Wild River has a nice line in it. The old Tennessee woman who owns the very good bottom land and doesn't want to sell she says "because she loves the land." Is countered by the TVA guy he points out that the river, unchecked, is destroying lives and families and in fact is washing tons of land down to the gulf every year. He says: "You don't love the land, you love your land."

If each of us save and hoard for ourselves then we end up ruining our country and our economy, while trying to protect each of us individually. Of course, in the end we end up screwing ourselves too, because where the larger society goes there goes each of us.

Got to cut us some spending so we don't upset some conservatives and villagers cause I mean after all they are the ones who count, aren't they.

No comments: