Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Doesn't Anybody Know How To Play This Game


So I read yesterday in Greenwald and Hullabaloo about the "new" position on state secrets (that is either irony or sarcasm, I'm not sure which). A position which seems to have more in common with Kafka or Joseph Heller than with the United States Constitution. Although, to be fair perhaps more to do with the Constitution as it is currently interpreted than one would like to admit. No need to really know the evidence against you is there?

Then there are the various things concerning the bailout and a vary scary thing about entitlements which is code for Social Security. When really Social Security isn't an entitlement at all, but is rather earned, something that people pay into to get back their money at a later time (you know like insurance).

Once the market collapsed it was probably not possible for a republican to be elected, but by then there was already a democratic nominee. I was worried about Obama, but I figured that he couldn't be worse than Clinton. I might have been wrong.

Well back to my day job, to try to keep the wolves away. At this point I'm really not sure that will be possible.

No comments: