Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Shut Up And Listen, Damn It


You know I've always thought that one of my most endearing traits is my ability to go from complete and utter silence into a full rant in about thirty seconds. Particularly when I think somebody doesn't seem to understand a certain political or economic fact that is clear as day to me. Or alternatively, when a jurist or opposing lawyer has just done something that is clearly beyond the pale.

I often wonder how those in Washington think in the way they do when little ole me here in East Jesus Rural by god Ohio can see things so clearly. Still gullibility or stupidity knows no geographic boundaries. I am still owed a bottle of the most expensive Scotch I can find in this god forsaken area by a judge (unnamed) who bet me that WMD would be found within six months after the end of the "war" in Iraq. Unfortunately, when one practices in front of a judge it is not a good idea to be right about these kind of things. Particularly when the judge in question does not want to "remember" the bet.

I am still surprised at the value stupidity has for those who govern and those who write about those who govern. If it had a dollar value then they would all be rich. Oh wait.

So then I guess intelligence would be the opposite and that would explain why I am poor. I'll go with that.

1 comment:

Dr. Know said...

I hear you, but you can't eat intelligence.

I remember reading a number of state Supreme court syllabi years ago, and was struck by the rational logic and reasoning displayed. Nowadays these clowns can't connect two dots together - the human race is slipping over the ledge into idiocy.