Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Is American ready for self-government?*


You know I was pretty upset when I read this. So some republican governors are considering turning down their share of the stimulus. Of course a [an?] heroic democratic senator managed to get a section into the bill which will permit state legislatures to over rule any governor who is "brave" enough (or is planning on running for president on the republican ticket) to turn down their state's share of the stimulus.

So they can easily say that: "Hey I tried to be true to my principles, but the guys in the legislature wouldn't let me." So that they will just have to take that money and use it to keep their state afloat. Then brag about how clever they were in helping their people without that damned Obama.

I think that maybe I'm not so upset with the republican governors, but rather with a voting population that could be fooled that easily. (Yeah, I know, I was indeed here in 2000 and 2004.) But hope, as someone says, springs eternal. Also, although I would expect no less than that kind of stupid trick from the ruling? democrats, I am still shall we say disappointed.

No comments: