Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Thursday, August 28, 2008

One Big Party


The concept that the two political parties are just the moderate and reactionary wings of the conservative/property/ruling party isn't new (Gore Vidal, 1972). And given what Obama has done to, it appears to me, purposely dampen enthusiasm by his progressive followers, I think that we are seeing again this year.


The class divides become more and more pronounced. The nuclear and biological weapons become more and more prevalent. Our position in the world pisses off more and more people. We burn up, literally and metaphorically, more and more of the earth. I think that that will happen under "both" parties. But I think it will happen quicker under the Republicans. So I guess the reason to vote Democratic is to put off the inevitable collapse as long as possible. That way when it happens I will either be insensible or dead.


Well I guess I'm just a cock-eyed optimist.

No comments: