Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm Back

OK, it wasn't this interesting, but still I'd like to leave this image in your minds.

Ok, back from a one day jury trial, where we got our asses kicked. It was what is now known in Ohio as an OVI case (previously DWI or DUI) at any rate, not a good out come for my guy. I had strongly urged him to plea out.

Unfortunately, he blew .180 well over two times the legal limit. His explanation that he had only three beers over a six hour period didn't wash with the jury. Although, they did stay out for about an hour and a half. I have no idea what was with that. I mean the court didn't even feed them.

So now he gets to pay rent on the court room and the way he does that is to serve extra jail days. I must be terribly cynical, as that does not surprise me at all.

I am remembered what another lawyer told me concerning a criminal case he was required by his client to try against the lawyer's strong advice: "All I could think of was that here were twelve people looking at me and trying to figure out how incompetent I must be for telling my guy to take this to trial."

No comments: