Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hi?


Hi.
No not yet.
Soon?
As soon as my guy gets here, I hope.

Thank you I'll be here all week, more or less.

I have been having trouble writing this week. It is outrage over load week. Obama decides to try to stop more pictures of our "harsh techniques" from being released. And yet another major writer decides that welllllllll maybe torture as such isn't such a bad thing after all.

So it is only the DFHs who give a shit about this whole thing. As Whiskey Fire says apparently the centrist position is now to cover up monstrous war crimes. Let's let that sink in. The moral position of our moral betters is to hide and justify the torture and murder (in some cases) of our enemies. The moral position of those in power is to grant that those who torture and those who order torture are people who are deserving of our protection.

Of course there is a second issue here. Apparently torture really doesn't provide any real actionable intelligence. So we torture and what we end up with is a lot of confessions of a lot of things most of which the tortured thinks we want confessions to. Is there really anyone who thinks that there were 18,000 witches in 14th and 15th century Europe?

So really there isn't even the argument that it works. How many of these people do you think used to, as children, put firecrackers up frogs asses? Most, all?

At any rate, as I say outrage overload. One thing I think that the new photos would do would be to force the general public and congress and probably the president to finally do something. I would guess that is why they are fighting so hard to prevent the photos from coming out.

No comments: