Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Friday, May 22, 2009

I Call Bullshit



"Obama was blunt [in his meeting with civil libertiarians]; the [military commissions] are a fait accompli, so the civil libertarians can either help Congress and the White House figure out the best way to protect the rights of the accused within the framework of that decision, or they can remain on the outside, as agitators. "

This is a very clever piece of bullshit. "Help me make more just a system that is unjust by its very definition." Is there a way to make slavery more just than the system that existed in the United States before the Civil War? Is there a way to make the Jim Crow system that existed before the civil rights movement more just, but keep its basic parameters?

So lookie how Obama phrased it. You want the power? I'll give you the power (or rather I will give you what looks like power), but you have to agree with me to subvert our most basic laws, but in a more just way then would be done without you. But guess what happens when they agree to help. They no longer are able to really argue against it. They are now corrupted beyond, I think, hope of redemption. So smart so clever. How many will be taken in do you think?

Oh yeah, I don't think that their input, if they give it, will amount to anything more than a patina of false gold gilt. It will sparkle prettily in the little sun that will shine on it. Like the famous rotten mackerel it will both shine and stink in the sun light.

No comments: