Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lies and Liars

I've often looked at clients who give me some sort of BS about how they got into the situation that brought them to my door. For instance, the guy who blew a .23 and tells me that he had had 2 beers and a glass of wine that night; the fellow who can't be bothered to look for work 3 times a week to forestall a contempt action for child support; or the guy who really didn't steal that stuff from K-Mart (who should I believe my client or that lying video tape?).

But you know what as I look at those who run this country, who simply look into the camera and say whatever comes to mind at the moment I can consider my clients pikers in the liar department. McCain lies about his divorce, he lies about what he told his captors, he lies about what his positions might be on torture at any given moment and just goes on.

Obama is not quite up to the level of McCain. I hope he never will be. Still his statements on his current position on FISA are simply flat out lies. Probably I pay more attention to Obama because I had more hope for him.

I had thought that Bill Clinton would be the beginning of a wedge to allow more progressive in after him. I knew that Clinton was not particularly progressive, but I had no idea how truly conservative he was and is. I also severely underestimate that sustained attack from the right and how the main stream media would puff that.

So I guess what I am saying here is that I have little hope that Obama (who is revealed to me now as a true conservative -- something I guess I should have been more aware of earlier) will be able to enable much of a wedge for progressives.

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again: We're fucked.

No comments: