Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Friday, June 20, 2008

I'm a little surprised

Frankly, I'm some what surprised at the number of dems who voted for the abomination that is the FISA bill, not however that it passed.

Let's see: The chief of police comes to me and says that someone in my town is making meth and getting guns together, perhaps to shoot up the town while on their meth high. He asks me to break into every house in town so that he can be sure that is the case. After I break into every house I'm found out, but the state legislature passes a law that says that as long as the chief asks me to do it, it's ok. So I'm off the hook.

Ok, "I'm not here to say that the government is always right, but when the government tells you to do something, I'm sure you would all agree that I think you all recognize that is something you need to do," so says congressman Kit Bond and apparently the leaders of the Democrat (can I now use that nasty slur?) party.

So let's see the president, or prime minister, or primer, or Il Duce, or Fuhrer, or King tells me what to do and then I "need to do" it. Even though the law says otherwise. But in the end it turns out that the law is really only what the president, etc. says it is. Isn't that a text book definition of the totalitarian or fascist state?

Just askin'.

No comments: