Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Second Thoughts

After I posted yesterday I started to think about it.

In the end it isn't right to jump on a dead guy for no reason, but if you say nice things or nothing (since silence gives consent) about a guy who helped dig the hole our country is in today, that isn't right either.

Let's face it: Russert's show was where Cheney went when he wanted to control the message. Russert banged the drum loudly for the war. Russert never spoke truth to power and allowed the right to lie on his show without correcting them or challenging them. Everyone who spoke to him spoke off record. He was no more a reporter than I am.

He was apparently not the worst of the lot. Brother what an epitaph.

No comments: