Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'mmmmmmmmmmmm back (not that you care)

Well I've been preparing for this jury trial that I was positive was going to go (unlike most where you really don't expect them to happen, and they don't).

Well anyway my crazy client would not take the really good deal and we were going to go down to almost certain defeat, with him spending the next 18 months in prison. Of course, for him that would not have been a completely bad thing as he has spent 14 of the last 16 years in prison or jail and he is only 34.

At any rate the day before the trial I get a call from the prosecutor who tells me that his assistant is violently ill and can't do the trial. Further, it was clear that the prosecutor did not want to try it himself. (There are some benefits to living in a small town.)

So anyway my guy got credit for time served and was out yesterday evening. Possibly his first day free in three or four years. I am not sure that he was completely happy about that.

Now I can get on to more important things then some guys life.

Let's talk about Chaney and his insult to West Virginians. Well, I live very close to WV and I've got to say that if I were Chaney I wouldn't worry about that because most of them wouldn't be able to read about it any way.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here insulting red necks for the next week.

No comments: