Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Thursday, June 19, 2008

FISA Again

Once again it looks like the Democrats are prepared to cave on FISA and give blanket immunity to the phone companies who broke the law at the request of the administration. I do appreciate Digby's position, but it doesn't make me much happier.

I am beginning to think that we are in the same place the later Roman Republic was just before the Sula and Marius. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we are going to end up in a bloody civil war. On the other hand, I think that is because there is no one who is even close to getting power who believes in anything.

One of the interesting things is that the excuses and reasons given by the Democrats are simply not believable to anyone who cares. We see right through there statements. They are liars and care not for our country, but only for those who they consider are in their ruling class with them.

Giving the corporations legal immunity because they did what the president wanted even though that was against the law is the text book definition of fascist. A state run by the corporations and those they place in office to do their bidding.

Hey who needs the Fourth Amendment if you have nothing to hide. I guess those assholes in powdered wigs just couldn't understand how scared a few guys with box cutters can make us.

No comments: