Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dirty Fucking Hippies


So I got this email from a friend who works for a college and wonders why students can't live on the money they get from the school, especially when the money is about five times the amount of tuition.

It caused me to think back to my college days in the late 60s and early 70s of the last century. Let's see I got a Pell grant, I worked about fifteen hours a week at a job on campus subsidized by the government and I received money from the GI Bill (such as it was at that time). It was less in actual money than my father received for his WWII work[?], but more than the people who served after me got in real money. My girl friend (with whom I lived, nudge nudge wink wink) got everything I got, but instead of GI money she got Social Security money for her dead father. Incidentally, I think that it is about time I linked to General Smedley, as I haven't done that for awhile.

So we spent the Pell money on books and tuition (and we always had a little left over), the SS and GI money on food and rent and etc. (and we always had a little left over). The student work money (and the little left over), we spent on dope (and booze) and records and concerts. My god what at time we had.

But, you know, these kids now a days are so wasteful, and their music, it's just noise.

No comments: