Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Democracy


Well we were to go to a meeting tonight and Senator McCain intervened. He had a meeting at the school across the street. There were of course, not parking places near. However, according to the pastor at the church, the Secret Service or McCain people came in and took over the church and told the pastor he and the church had no choice. They also tore up the church yard with their vehicles after being told that they were not to park in it. Wonder who, if anyone is liable?

I would be outraged at the McCain campaign, if I hadn't heard a similar story about when Obama came to town. I cannot understand why the security has to be overwhelming and why an allegedly free people must be kept so far from their leaders. Unless of course we are not really that free.

I know Kennedy was killed and Reagan was shot, but Roosevelt was almost killed, Lincoln was, Garfield and McKinley were also shot and the security was not increased then. It really wasn't until after Kennedy was shot. Perhaps not until Reagan. Are we just unable to trust ourselves anymore?

No comments: