Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I Am Just Thrilled


Massive amount of serious (at least to the clients) stuff going on. I just feel that I have no time to do anything else.

However, on one case, today I get a Motion from the Prosecutor that says that: Oops, did we say that we want to place these two kids: one who is a cancer survivor who will need to be tested every six months and the other who is at seven a sexual predator whom Children Services has not bothered to get any psychological help even though they've known about it for at least nine months, with the sister who has two small children. We meant we didn't.

Combine that with an entry from the court that seems to say that Children Services can give me discovery any time they want (or not at all) and information that Children Services workers are telling people I'm a using drug addict (information that is essentially correct, except the using part) which I will be more than happy to share with the judge (who already knows) at the appropriate time and in the appropriate way, when it will be most damaging to Children Services. And it has been an interesting couple of weeks at the personal level.

UPDATE: Well, well, well. On the other case from hell involving Children Services my client got put into the mental ward, which is the best that could have happened to us at this point. Strange how things work in groups.

No comments: