Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How About A Fix Instead


I would welcome some serious drugs for my extended personal use at this point in the history of my country. Something I can take and just drift away into some Cloud Cuckoo Land. I'm reading at Salon and Greenwald about how the President has said that if we don't kill that dude (Anwar Al-Awlaki) who has as far as I've been able to figure out not really done anything, but encourage people to, well not to put too fine a point on it, but to kill American citizens. Then we should maybe charge him with something and arrest him.

Now apparently that is a crime (Fire Crowded Theaters, etc. , a bad decision written by Holmes and expanded by the vile little fascists currently on the court) now. It just isn't a capital offense. Not that that seems to matter to most Americans and to no people with real power in the government (not I think "our," certainly not "my" government).

Therefore, when I say that I will not vote in the next election (probably for anybody, but certainly not in the congressional race) it is not because I have any illusions about who is running against the current office holder (Congressman Space), but that I have no illusions about any of the current office holders either.

I understand who came after Wiemar. But to be honest I just do not see how the current crop of corporate shills who call themselves democrats can lead this country in any direction except down, even if the down is not as steep as the teabagger or republican down, it is just as deep. So I guess really that I should just STFU and vote democratic and hope that I die of natural causes before the entire country really goes down the shitter.

No comments: