Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Utterly Tastless


In the long run we are all dead. Not my idea but rather that of Lord Keynes. I feel like I am running my head repeatedly into a brick wall as far as just about any political position I take is concerned. My brother who works for a secret (if I told you I'd have to kill you) organization much like Blackwater has a sporty Mercedes and now a Jag, in addition to the Mercedes. Clearly I did not think out the economic consequences of my beliefs (I don't mean to imply that he thought of the economic consequences before he decided on his beliefs, just that .................well he chose more wisely than I did).

I worked (a little) for the guy in office now and a little for the party now in power and what do I get for it. Another day older and deeper in debt as Tennessee Ernie would have suggested. On the other hand I cannot see anything being much better than they would have been if the other guy had gotten in. Of course, then I look at the (would be) vice-president and I do see a cute little mustaches if the old man hadn't been able to make it for at least four years. Why do I keep thinking it's 1929 and I'm in Germany?

So to get back to may original point, I would like to kind of like to see things on the up swing before a shuffle off this mortal coil, but I do not see it happening.

1 comment:

Cujo359 said...

If it's any consolation, I feel the same way lately. It shouldn't be a consolation, of course - I wish there were more of us who had the urge to keep on fighting.

Speaking of the obvious, I find that stating it anyway can have two important effects:

- Reminding the people who have overlooked it, who can be all too numerous, and

- Telling people that you know this, which means they can't pretend they, or we, don't.

One of my mottoes has become "Stating the obvious, it's what I do." It's something that shouldn't be necessary, but it often is.