Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Charlie Brown Kabuki


It is Charlie Brown Kabuki time once again, this time on financial regulations and the bail out fund. But there will be more stuff coming down the pike I can assure you. I was wondering if I would be disappointed and the democrats would actually pull off a reform of some sort. When you are locked into the concept that nothing remotely progressive is going to be done to help the average person, it can throw you for a loop when it appears as though something might happen. Thank god the congressional democrats have not failed me.

It is also very comforting to hear the good old hope/change guy telling us that the Supreme Court went off the rails in the 60s and 70s with all that judicial activism. It is interesting that a guy who is half "black" (since his father wasn't an African American, but African) can suggest that. I mean that would be the same courts that Loving and Brown came out of, and those decisions were definitely judicial activism. But let's let that incredible hypocrisy pass.

As I say I find it quite comforting that I can know that no matter what Obama and democrats promise I can know that they will not deliver, unless it is a special wrapped up gift to the wealthiest and most conservative.


No comments: