Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Am Tired of Making Nice


Was at a meeting of an non-political writers group yesterday. After the meeting we normally go out for coffee and stuff. After the meeting one of the members started spouting off politically. Blathering on and on about the election and the stupidity of the Obama supporters and about how now with Obama in she was going to have to pay more taxes (no she doesn't make more than $250,000.00 a year, believe me).

She ranted on about how her IRA had lost 40% and yet she was unable to make a connection between that and the guy she voted for. Not a dumb person generally speaking, but simply in a near total ignorance concerning the facts on the ground and what is really going on in her world.

God, I am not sure what to do at that point. I certainly didn't want to get into a political argument with someone, but on the other hand I really don't want to let them think that people simply agree with some stupid right wing talking point that they happen to be spouting.

No comments: