Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Monday, December 1, 2008

Done Gone Over the River

Brother, and I do mean that in all ways possible. Took both the dogs to visit my brother and his wife and meet their new St. puppy. Four hours up and four hours back. Thank god we got the canine pheromones, they slept like babies in the car.

We got there and there was the normal growling and checking out. Then the St. puppy and our St. started to play. The Chow was stand offish like most chows, but friendly with the new people, unlike most chows.

Within a few hours they were playing like crazy. The Chow and puppy finally played for awhile when we put them out on the porch by themselves. But, it was exhausting. We were constantly watching to make sure that nobody trashed anything and that wasn't the easiest thing to do as his puppy jumped completely over him at one point (while he was sitting on the floor). Nearly through a glass grandfather's clock, while my big guy almost went through the window.

They had a good time and because I had to go out with them I did get to see Venus and Jupiter. Quite a show.

Got home and slept for eleven hours and then I was hardly able to get up to go to work.




No much political stuff. I have been following the arguments of the right trying (again) to prove the New Deal a failure because too much was spent on economic stimulus rather than not enough. Amity Shlaes being their standard bearer. Paul Krugman doing the heavy lifting of the response. Just for interest I looked at my library to see who had the most books at my local library -- guess who? That's right two books by the right winger versus one for the Noble Laureate. Who wodda thunk?

Actually, the wingers arguments are easy to understand. Do you count people who are working for the government building things like roads etc. as being employed or not (make work)? There is a second argument that is the New Deal was a failure because the unemployment went up in '38 (of course they use figures from a period when the New Deal cut back on spending -- thereby actually proving the opposite of both their points).

No comments: