Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Friday, October 16, 2009


Listening to Buffy Sainte Marie's newest album Running for the Drum. We're going to Quakers on Sunday and then for an hour with a drumming circle, with my new native american drum. I have become so DFH like, I find myself a little much at times. I wasn't this way in the 60s. Of course in the 60s (and 70s and 80s come to think of it) I was more interested in getting high than in expanding my consciousness, or whatever (and 90s).


We've also just gotten back from another funeral. I am intimately aware of all the funeral parlors in the greater Zanesville metropolitan area. Given the number of people who are friends of or related to friends of my wife who have shuffled off this coil of tears within the last six months, I'd suggest that if you are a friend or a relative of a friend of my wife to keep your doctor close at hand.

I've also been listening to Homer in the car. I figured that since they were originally meant to be listened to that I would listen rather than try to read the Iliad and the Odyssey. I've already went through the Iliad as translated by W.H.D. Rouse into prose. Although, we've got the Rouse version of the Odyssey, I found a verse translation by Fitzgerald. That is after, of course, listening to the new translation of Gilgamesh by Stephen Mitchell .

Unfortunately it does look like I will have to go back to work on Monday. Drat.


No comments: