Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Don't Touch My Junk


Reading a post on Greenwald's blog about the "Don't Touch My Junk" guy. The interesting thing is that it takes off from an article in The Nation which essentially smears the guy.

And strongly defends Obama. In reality The Nation has been nothing, but a well kept "leftist" piece of democratic infrastructure since at least 1996. Why do you ask do I say 1996?

Because I remember reading an article which was an attack piece on Dole at the time. The article attacked Dole for waiting to be drafted rather than leaving college and joining and then attacked him for not being appropriately wounded. He happened to get seriously wounded by being hit by an artillery shell (as did most) rather than heroically leading an assault on ........well something or the other.

They also were willing to cut and run on the single payer idea early on.

Oswald Garrison Villard would be very disappointed.

3 comments:

Cujo359 said...

Remember this little gem? I think The Nation is happy to print nonsense if they think it's in our best interests. Too bad. To me, they've been defined by these occasional forays into yellow journalism. If they'd stick to what they can reasonably prove, I'd have either never heard of them or respect them unreservedly.

lawguy said...

I'd either forgotten it or never seen it, but of course you were right.

The Nation has gone balls to the wall for any elected conservative democrat around for some time. Don't forget they kept Hitchens even though he spent the last several months at the mag. pumping the Iraq war, apparently against everything they believe, then he dumped them.

So good things in the magazine, but when push comes to shove watch them go all out for Obama in 12.

lawguy said...

Damn, that was to have been "SOME" good things.