Don't worry, you can trust me. I'm not like the others.

Banned In China

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mistah Breitbart He Dead.

i

So Andrew Breitbart is dead.  Someone else claimed that Bette Davis said, when Joan Crawford died:  "You should only speak good of the dead.  She's dead, that's good."  I concur.

Fredoglake has a post up in which Lisa Derrick, who knew the guy, kind of says nice things about him.  Most, but not all of the commenters seem to be taking the line:  so young how sad.  Salon gives a of nice little obit ending with the lovely family man bullshit.  Blah blah blah.

I am not the kind of person who thinks the death of everybody is a tragedy.  To that person and his immediate family, probably.  But not always and not to everybody.

In Breitbart's case he was a man who used what skills and influence he had to destroy people's lives and to destroy and try to destroy organizations whose reason for existence was to help the poor and less fortunate.  What he did and what he stood for was evil.  That is what he was to the world as a human being.  In his life he chose to make a stand for everything that is wrong in this country at this time. Why should I feel any kind of sympathy for that kind of evil person?

Or if I my paraphrase Mark Twain:  But he is dead now and I hold him no particular grudge.  In fact if  I could send him a fan to help him where he is now, I would do so.

Or since I am getting all literary and the Firedoglake poster is defending Breitbart because he was nice to her:

The Hangman at Home by Carl Sandburg
WHAT does the hangman think about
When he goes home at night from work?
When he sits down with his wife and
Children for a cup of coffee and a
Plate of ham and eggs, do they ask
Him if it was a good day’s work
And everything went well or do they
Stay off some topics and talk about
The weather, base ball, politics
And the comic strips in the papers
And the movies? Do they look at his
Hands when he reaches for the coffee
Or the ham and eggs? If the little
Ones say, Daddy, play horse, here’s
A rope—does he answer like a joke:
I seen enough rope for today?
Or does his face light up like a
Bonfire of joy and does he say:
It’s a good and dandy world we live
In. And if a white face moon looks
In through a window where a baby girl
Sleeps and the moon gleams mix with
Baby ears and baby hair—the hangman—
How does he act then? It must be easy
For him. Anything is easy for a hangman,
I guess.

UPDATE -- 3/5/2012

I've had a couple of further thoughts.  If I didn't make it clear enough although Breitbart was a scum I am incredibly disgusted with the "liberals" who seem to need to make sure that they are not considered old meanies for saying nasty things about him.

A second thought is that he would have had no real power if there was anything like even a single back bone to pass around the various "liberal" organizations.  Acorn was defunded with overwhelming votes in congress, including most of the democrats.  Shirley Sharrod was fired by Obama and repudiated by the NAACP before anybody bothered to check out the realities of her speech and what she did for the white farmers.  Finally, who was the slimy democratic congress who was sending pics of his prick around who bailed at the first mild wind (with the assist of the democratic establishment) while diaper David Vitter is still a senator?  Breitbart would have been nothing if the liberals who are in "power" hadn't caved to him at every opportunity. 

1 comment:

Cujo359 said...

I have nothing good to say about Breitbart. I understand (and generally agree with) the impulse to not say anything bad. Going out of one's way to say something good about someone who did such reprehensible things, on the other hand, seems utterly dysfunctional.

Anthony Weiner is the answer to your question, BTW. (Hard to believe you could have forgotten that one. ;) ) I don't blame him for leaving half as much as I blame what passes for leadership in the Democratic Caucus. Anyone who causes them the least bit of trouble can expect to be treated the same way by those ethical midgets, I'm afraid.